Friday 7 June 2013

The Window Into Tom's Soul

Looks like it's Monday again.



Looks like it's Monday again.

Some of the artwork inside the Retama Tunnel yesterday during...





Some of the artwork inside the Retama Tunnel yesterday during the Corpus Christi First Friday Artwalk.

City to consider reopening Bluff Tunnel

Tunnel was closed more than 30 years ago

http://www.caller.com/news/2010/may/05/city-to-consider-reopening-bluff-tunnel/

http://www.kristv.com/videos/volunteers-revamp-retama-tunnel-for-tours/

Photo



Photo



Art Walk

Headed out to the Corpus Christi First Friday Art Walk. It’s my first one…maybe I’ll find an opportunity to put some of my paintings on display?

"I've been less than honest about what I've really been up to lately. For the last year I've been..."

"I've been less than honest about what I've really been up to lately. For the last year I've been secretly working non-stop with Atticus Ross and Alan Moulder on a new, full-length Nine Inch Nails record, which I am happy to say is finished and frankly fucking great. This is the real impetus and motivation behind the decision to assemble a new band and tour again. My forays into film, HTDA and other projects really stimulated me creatively and I decided to focus that energy on taking Nine Inch Nails to a new place. Here we go!"

- Trent Reznor, 5.28.13. New NIN album later this year on Columbia Records. (via nineinchnails)

Halloween. My favorite holiday. In my hometown. House of Shock....



Halloween. My favorite holiday. In my hometown. House of Shock. Followed by Voodoo Fest…Nine Inch Nails headlining after releasing their first new album in half a decade. Followed up with HTDA. I fucking have to. Already making plans in my head. Maybe I'll stay in my grandfather's creepy mansion for the night.

Oh The Places I've Been

If you’ve ever wondered how I’ve come across some of the places I’ve photographed, the answer is some I sought out and others I found by complete accident.

Anytime I travel to a new city, I always check my book to see if there is a historic hotel or house nearby. The book is Historic Hotels of America and it’s a directory with photographs published every year.

image

image

They have a website too, www.historichotels.org.

Many of these places were saved from being torn down and the only thing that saved them was people touring them or staying there. 

You’d be surprised at what might be just 30 minutes aay from where you live. Go exploring.

Here’s a look back at some of the places I’ve been:

http://bighungtom.tumblr.com/tagged/driskill

http://bighungtom.tumblr.com/tagged/casaloma

http://bighungtom.tumblr.com/tagged/chateaufrontenac

Under Construction

I haven’t been on here much lately…I bought a 35 year old house and last week I started a few construction projects. Decided to rip out some old light fixtures and put in some new contemporary artsy shit. But some of the ceiling came down with it. So for the past few days I’ve been sitting here surrounded by dust, bits of plaster, extension cords and ladders covered with dropcloths.

Should be badass when it’s all done. But right now my place is looking more like some kind of condemned industrial warehouse. Which I kinda like. Maybe I should keep the new look.

Audio



So tired.



So tired.

Oh guys.

It’s official. Yahoo just bought Tumblr for $1.1 billion in cash.

The Yahoo CEO promises “not to screw this up,” but they are already planning on using Yahoo personalization and getting Yahoo users to get onto Tumblr.

I have a sad feeling they are totally going to screw this up :(

My orgasms can be quite strong sometimes. It feels exactly like...



My orgasms can be quite strong sometimes.

It feels exactly like this- like a reset button is being pressed in my brain.

It's what I need to feel balanced.

cos that's how we roll here 



cos that's how we roll here 

See the animal in his cage that you built Are you sure what side...



See the animal in his cage that you built

Are you sure what side you're on?

Better not look him too closely in the eye

Are you sure what side of the glass you are on?

                                                                     -Trent Reznor

Lucky Dog.



Lucky Dog.

Inner beauty.



Inner beauty.

How New Orleans does police cars.



How New Orleans does police cars.

Photo



Window shopping.



Window shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment